How We Understand the World
Each of us has a belief system, a worldview by which we understand our lives and make decisions. As followers of Jesus, we believe it's essential to see life and the world from God's perspective, which He has revealed to us in the Bible. Here are what we consider to be the essential elements of that worldview:
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ as God dwelling among us; in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, and death on the cross to provide the forgiveness needed to restore relationship with the Father; in His bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven; in His present ministry of representing us before the Father; and in His promised return to earth in power and glory.
- We believe in the person and deity of the Holy Spirit, that He performs the miracle of new birth in lost people and lives within followers of Christ, enabling them to grow into being like Jesus.
- We believe that all people are created in the image of God and are created for the purpose of relationship with God. We are, however, all separated from Him because of our sin. Only through faith, trusting in Christ alone for salvation, made possible by His death and resurrection, can that relationship be restored.
- We believe that the Bible is God’s written Word to the world revealing His character and purposes. We believe it is verbally inspired, authoritative, and without error in the original manuscripts.
(Oasis Community Church is affiliated with the Brethren Church of Ashland, Ohio.)